It was a historical night on May 30 as Chinese idol survival show Youth With You 2 announced its final line-up of nine trainees set to debut in the new girl group “The Nine”. Among the girls is power vocalist, Yu Yan who was later revealed to be the group’s maknae (youngest member of a group).
Here’s a list of the girls based on the girls’ final ranking and their age.
- Xin Liu (Liu Yu Xin), Apr 20, 1997 – 23 years old
- Yu Shu Xin, Dec 18, 1995 – 25 years old
- Kiki Xu (Xu Jia Qi), Aug 27, 1995 – 25 years old
- Yu Yan, May 26, 1997 – 23 years old
- Shaking Chloe (Xie Ke Yin), Jan 4, 1997 – 23 years old
- Babymonster An (An Qi), May 13, 1996 – 24 years old
- Zhao Xiao Tang, Feb 2, 1997 – 23 years old
- Snow Kong (Kong Xue Er), Apr 30, 1996 – 24 years old
- K Lu (Lu Ke Ran), Nov 7, 1995 – 25 years old – 25 years old
Yu Yan: The Dark Horse of Youth With You 2
Though Yu Yan did not get a lot of screentime during the first half of Youth With You 2, Yu Yan successfully proved her worth by acing one stage after another. Her efforts and talent was eventually noticed by fans as her rank started going up; from #30 to #21 and in the grand finale, #4 with 7.1 million votes.
Who would have thought that the charismatic and powerhouse vocalist Yu Yan would end up being the maknae?! Yu Yan, are you still the cool girl we know? 😛
Here’s a look back at some of Yu Yan’s best performances in Youth With You 2!
What do you think of the nine girls who made it to The Nine? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Featured Image: iQiyi
While you’re here, check out these posts that might interest you:
- Malaysian ‘Youth With You 2’ trainee Joey Chua shares heartwarming message after elimination
- Kris, Luhan and Tao look back at their SM trainee days in ‘Produce Camp 2020’
- A-list Chinese actress Zhao Liying shows off fit body