If you are a ’80s or ’90s kid, chances are that you may have raised a virtual pet on your Tamagotchi. If you are hearing about Tamagotchi for the first time (seriously?!), here’s how it looks like.
While Tamagotchis are technically no longer in trend, developer Grace Avery is trying to bring the concept of keeping a virtual pet back via the MacBook Pro Touch Bar.
Touchbar Pet is a work-in-progress by Avery who is supposedly updating it every couple of days. It is currently running on version 0.5 and is already available for download and installation.
Here’s a quick round-up of the updates so far
- Version 0.1 – Basic app
- Version 0.2 – Tail animations
- Version 0.3 – Pet has the ability to die
- Version 0.4 – Pet starts as a baby
- Version 0.5 – Pet can now grow from a baby into a child; knows how to poop
Just like Tamagotchi, Touchbar Pet allows users to keep and raise their virtual pet on the MacBook Pro Touch Bar. Users get to feed their pet, clean up after it and give them pets to make them feel loved.
Here’s an example of how easy it is to track your pet’s health and hunger and feed it:
Have a MacBook Pro (with a touch bar) and want to raise your own virtual pet? Simply download and install the Touchbar Pet files via Github here and get started! If you are unfamiliar with Github, you could also download it via this link that Grace Avery has put up.
What do you think of Touchbar Pet? Yay or nay? Let us know in the comment section below! 😍
📸 Featured Image:
While you’re here, check out these posts that might interest you:
- Casio to release Pokemon-themed Baby-G watch in Singapore on December 12
- Huawei presents new wearable range where tech meets fashion
- 5 artsy fartsy iPhone 11 cases to grab from Casetify right now